Next challenge!

So, here we go again! Soon I will feel the altitude cracking into me again, loss of breath, sickness.. and the burning in your muscles when you have pushed yourself a lot further than you would ever do.
I just love it. Its something I just love about walking uphill, standing on the top of the world and realize what kind of a part me and you play in this game called life. It is quite faschinating.
As I have this hate/love relationship to high mountains, I have signed up for the next challenge - Mount Everest Base Camp. 5300 meter, a little bit less than Kilimanjaro (thank God!).
I have also agreed to be a team leader for the group, which makes this trip a lot more exciting - so now I am actually boiling over from excitement!! Wooohoo!!
September is the month me and Team J (no official name yet) will head to Nepal to start our journey. As we are doing this trek for the fantastic and incredible charity Childreach International, we will start by paying a visit to their projects and get to work!
I am not sure what this would include, but from what I hear - anything from building, painting, playing...!! I think that is fantastic!

Recruitment
Currently I am trying to get my team together, its not only leading, I need to recruit my 10 team members as well which doesnt seemt that hard as most of us are up for a challenge - we just need to understand that nothing is impossible!

Fundraising
You might think that most of the work is training hard and preparing yourself for the trek, but there is more - each one of us have to raise £2,450 before they let us go, and that demands some creativity.

See you soon - Im back!

Jen xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picnic and dry waterfalls

Thank you!

The mountains are calling me again!