Jabs, jabs and jabs!!

Busy times! This monday just gone, the fundraising deadline came up and I made it.. I had to add £200 at the end but that is ok, I didnt have time to do more events or raffles so I am very pleased. I am very proud that over 60 people have supported me and my cause, that is just amazing!
I cant really understand that this phenomenal fundraising method hasnt come to Sweden yet, its unheard of. But yet so good for the charity as the participant does all the work.

Jabs
I had my second hep A&B vaccination today, I just dont like it.. but one more of that, a few tablets against typhoid, an injection against yellow fever, rabies and finally the malaria tablets.. then we are done! I didnt even think that there were so many things to catch! I didnt think it was so expensive either, my smile kind of went down when the nurse told me the cost.. Im probably just naive, I wasnt aware of this, but even if I get Hep A&B and typhoid for free, I end up paying £150 for the rest. But its def worth it, all these illnesses are horrible.

Physical training
As my fundraising is over, I will now focus on my training and getting as fit as possible. I peaked tonight by staying in having ice cream! Ah well, even the greatest mistress has bad days..
I did running on monday night, did sprints and it went really well. I focus mainly on walking and doing my back exercises so I get strong. It does work, I feel a lot stronger and fitter.
I got something called a Magic ring from my physio last week, I do leg squats with it, having it bent together between my knees while doing it. This exercise is something I do against the wall in my kitchen, I hope my neighbours arent peeking, as it cant be pretty.. it shall make my knees stronger though. I also do all the million exercises he has given me with the elastic band too, and last week I got a new band with more resistance so I am surely training.

Its getting closer now and it is starting to feel real. Me and Johan are also looking at holiday resorts in Kenya as he will come down and join me after the climb (lazy bugger!!)
Its just hard to know what to choose - safari, beach and city, beach and nothing else, tree lodge with safari and beach... I will have a chat with an expert tomorrow, this needs to be booked soon..!!
But im sure it will be great, I am so sure. Everything looks like paradise so I am sure we will be happy wherever we go.

Off to bed, a long working day tomorrow and then weekend..!! More time for long walks, cant wait!

Jen x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picnic and dry waterfalls

Thank you!

The mountains are calling me again!