Circuit training with the army!

Went to the gym yesterday to do boxercise, and I must say it turned out to be a much better workout, even if it was less boxing that I hoped for!
We got into the room, and the regular guys started to put up different stations around the room. I didnt get it, I was there to do boxing? The leader, Wendy, then soon came in. She is def shorter than me, long blond hair and around 45 I would guess. An attitude that is enough for an elephant and a voice that you will hear from London to Brazil! She hates when you dont move, so we were constantly moving for an hour, no time for rest. I must say I have probably never worked my body that much before and I have never had someone shouting at me whilst doing it.
Cool though, great feeling afterwards :)
Went to Pierre again today and felt pretty good, but after 10 mins he had gone past what he calls the superficial soreness in a muscle, and was down deep and my back felt like it would break. That soreness is not superficial, it is very real... But still a lot better than last week, and the week before. My back has never been this good, and that is thanks to the teamwork between myself, Pierre and my chiropractor Mikael. Help to self-help.
But isnt it funny how this progress of the physical part makes one failing on other things. I havent been in this good shape for a very long time and my body is now in symbiosis, it just works. But mentally, I feel like Im underachieving. This is probably a very female thing, as I doubt that any man would feel like this at a peak of training, they would just push it harder. But I feel like I should be even better than I am. I tried to explain this unlogical thought to Pierre, and he got it kind-of (he is a man so he cant grasp it totally!) and tried to explain to me how much progress I have made considering where I was a few months ago. And I know this, so I should just be happy and even more motivated. Its strange. Well.
Going to the Kenyan embassy tomorrow to get my next visa, then I am sorted. All set for a nice trip to Kenya and Tanzania, starting a great adventure!
See ya! x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picnic and dry waterfalls

Thank you!

The mountains are calling me again!