Training in lovely Wales!

This weekend just gone me, Johan, Alfie and Cath went to Brecon Beacons and had a lovely walk up to the top of Pen-y-fan, 886m.
It started out great with sunshine so I was (un)clever and didnt bring my wooly underwear with me, I left it in the car. After like an hour walking, the showers started and after reaching the first peak we were in the storm!
We even considered not moving on, but only for a brief second. Of course we move on!! But I have never experienced that kind of storm, I was scared to be blown off the ridge. But the views are fantastic and even if the rain and storm made it slightly cold, it was truly amazing.
Best of all, I think Mr J got a great interest for walking, so I hope to bring him along to more of my expeditions :)
We could all feel it in our legs, and I couldnt help thinking that 900m is only like a 6th of Kilimanjaro in height.. I will be walking for 6 days, and I will surely feel that in my legs.
So I have to work harder with my squats with the magic circle and build up my strength.


A little report from half way up, we were in the middle of the storm here as you probably hear..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picnic and dry waterfalls

Thank you!

The mountains are calling me again!