Nepali flat, steep hills and monastery - on 3860m!

An early start on a glorious morning! We woke up at 6am, and I heard some cheering from next door and kind of understood that there was something outstanding outside. I opened the window and could see the sacred mountain in Khumba valley. This is why we are here! I got all excited and wanted to get out there! Bags packed and down we went, and I don't know how much energy the sun and the clear skies projected to us! Clearly a lot! But weather changes in Nepal like if you use a light switch - half hour later the mist was there and we couldn't see more than a few meters ahead.
Off we went and after a few hours of Nepali flat, we descended to the river for lunch, where we could see the mountain we were going to hit .. I was pretty worried.. But with a positive mind :)
We started, and I joined Team A, which consists of us a bit slower than the others :) it's me, Mike, Hannah (who has a chest infection, normally a Team B player) and Emma who isn't a very experienced  mountaineer and has some issues with her appetite. We did pretty well, I didn't have a single issue with my breathing or anything else - I'm getting in there! Slowly but surely! 
On the way up a Sherpa tripped and stepped with a foot in a hole full of water and dirt, and we believe Mike tripped him!

We got to the monastery and looked a bit, but it was closed. Also, women are not allowed in, only men . 
The guest house Paradise is just that - a paradise! It was so warm when we got in and so nice for us.

Tomorrow it's 9,5 km walk, Nepali flat so a bit easier than today . We will get to 4410m, Dingboche.

Jen x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picnic and dry waterfalls

Thank you!

The mountains are calling me again!